You are staying in Chamonix and today it’s raining, discover the selection of activities that Chamonix Planet offers you.
- Alpine Museum : Discover the history of Chamonix and the first ascents of the Mont Blanc massif.
- Crystal Museum – Espace Tairraz
- Montagnard Museum in Les Houches
- House of the Lieutenant in Servoz
- House of Barberine in Vallorcine
- Pierre Gianadda Foundation in Switzerland in Martigny
- Libraries in Chamonix, Les Houches, Servoz, Vallorcine.
- Saint Bernard breeding farm in Les Houches
Relaxation / Entertainment
- Casino : time to win (or loose) some money
- Bowling: would you like to show your friends your strike skills? The Plan B hotel has 2 bowling lanes.
- Billiards: You can play billiards in some bars and pubs: Plan B in Chamonix, Yaute Café in Argentière…
- Spas: the resort has many SPA establishments to relax in like QC terme, Deep Nature les Granges d’en haut…
- Thermes de St Gervais: Fancy a little spa treatment. Go to the thermal park of Fayet. 355 Allée du Dr Lépinay, 74190 Saint-Gervais-les-Bains
- Cinema “Le Vox” : Take advantage of the bad weather to discover the latest hits on the big screen or films in VO.
- Ice-skating : go and do some triple salto on the ice of the Richard Bozon skating rink. Address 214 av. de la Plage 74400 Chamonix-Mont-Blanc / Telephone 04 50 53 12 36
- Swimming pool : the opportunity to do some laps. Address Piscine Richard Bozon 214 av. de la Plage 74400 Chamonix-Mont-Blanc / Telephone 0450532370
- Indoor Climbing : go to Les Houches at the “Mont Blanc Escalade” gym. Address : ZA Les Trabets, 74310 Les Houches / Telephone 04 50 54 76 48.
- Indoor tennis: Richard Bozon Sports Centre or Argentière Sports Centre.
- Squash: Richard Bozon Sports Centre
- Fitness and weight rooms: Richard Bozon Sports Centre
Shopping in Chamonix
Some parts of the pedestrian streets are covered. The Alpina shopping centre is also covered. Address 1 rue du Mont Blanc – 74400 Chamonix
What to do in Chamonix when it rains?
Chamonix offers many sports and tourist facilities. If the weather is bad, you can relax at the spa or thermal baths, do some shopping or visit the museums. For the sportsmen, you can practice many indoor activities: Swimming pool, Climbing, Skating rink, Fitness, Tennis…
To plan your holiday, don’t forget to check the weather in Chamonix before you leave.